Network meeting #1 | April 7, 2022 (online)
Collection of evaluation data & participants comments
7 April 2022 (online)
5 May 2022
- The event was too close to the deadline to submit the proposals: consortia already working on a topic might have not attended as almost closing their proposals, while potential leads creating a consortium during the event will not have enough time to develop a quality proposal
- As a research lab intending on submitting a proposal our greatest difficulty was identifying relevant (potential) partners among the hundreds of participants. A possible solution is to ask for more detail in the registration process, which would allow for more filtering when searching the participants list.
- Booking meetings was a bit clumsy. It should be easier to reject meeting requests. I was not able to find a 'reject' or 'reschedule' button, instead I had to cancel meetings
- For some reason I always have to input the company data for all B2B platform events one by one. Is it possible to get that information stored? We are involved in multiple Clusters and it is a bit consuming to describe the company and upload the logo again and again.
- Improve match and profil of particpants. Some of them are just there to promote their companies. Not relevant.
- It is very easy to sign up for virtual meetings but when the time comes it is very challenging to prioritise it over other work when they are remote. Please bring back face to face meetings. I attended one in Strasbourg in november for CL4 which I got much more out of and made many connections. Additionally, I am finding my profile difficult to manage as i am a funding coordinator at a business school and i attend the events to represent my organisation and academics who all have different expertise and research areas. When I sign up for a new event I tweak my profile to match the topics of the event. However, I have noticed that this changes my profile text across all events. Additionally, it would be good to see the all events we have signed up for e.g. Horizon Europe Cluster 2 Brokerage event January 18-19, AGRIP event on 1-2 Febuary, MBM TOURISM PRAGUE 2023 March 16 - March 17, 2023. each requires a slightly different profile and there is no way of moving from one event to the next. I have to save the individual links to access the relevant event.
- Perhaps face to face meetings are more effective. In any case, the possibility to acces participants data is a good way to "professional tinder".
- Potentially asking NCPs from participants' countries to screen/contact participants from their countries before the event - to be honest, not all were up to scratch and of those that were, many weren't aware of how to even read a call or communicate their potential contribution to projects
- The problem with the limited (late) available time selection slots needs to be remedied.
- This kind of events should be organised in a more focused manner, by Destination, and with more time from the deadline. For 2023 all the consortia are already made and working since weeks ago. We need right now events to help organise consortia to the 2024 calls.
- When I tried to book meetings on the afternoon of the designated 'matchmaking session', no slots appeared - no matter who the partner was, the only free slot offered on that day was 23:30-0:00, which must surely be an error. So we always agreed on a different date. Generally it was great, really a useful tool - especially the opportunity to search for partners for an existing consortium vs a consortium to join. Here, further refined search functions would have been welcome.
Did the online brokerage event on January 18 meet your expectations?
10.64% | It was worse than expected
76.60% | It met my expectations
12.77% | It exceeded my expectations
Has any of the meetings you had online resulted in further communication outside the platform?
34.78% | No
65.22% | Yes
Have you participated in previous brokerage events for Horizon Europe or Horizon 2020?
57.45% | No
42.55% | Yes
How good was the registration process?
02.13% | Poor
04.26% | Average
23.40% | Good
70.21% | Excellent
How satisfied are you with your participation at the brokerage event?
This is the main satisfaction indicator used for the Dashboard
06.38% | Unsatisfied
14.89% | Neutral
38.30% | Satisfied
40.43% | Very satisfied
How would you rate the process of booking meetings?
04.26% | Average
36.17% | Good
59.57% | Excellent
How would you rate the relevance of your meetings?
02.22% | Very low
06.67% | Low
31.11% | Average
33.33% | High
26.67% | Very high
Were you able to identify potential partners for a new Horizon Europe project?
21.28% | No
57.45% | Too early to say
21.28% | Yes